BUILD A CAR
At Pomtec Motorsport we pride ourselves in our attention to detail in every job we do, working to a high level to build each car as best can be. We can build your car to meet the regulations of your chosen championship, to the highest standards and levels of safety.
We have experience in building & preparing cars from a range of categories such as:
Ginetta Juniors | Formula Ford | Historic Saloon Cars | Caterhams | Radical Race Cars | Ginetta GT4 Supercup | LeMans Prototypes | British GT | BTCC
We can either build your car from the ground up, restore either using an existing chassis and parts, or changing the specification to meet the regs of a different championship.
We have a trusted network of suppliers and service providers so we can take care of everything for you.
For an example we have prepared a list to show jobs we can undertake, what we can offer, but in no way limiting to:
– Stripping a car: Removing all unwanted interior, sandblasting/dipping of shell, painting
– Seam welding: Seam welding to strengthen chassis, if category permits. Strut tower strengthening.
– Roll Cage: Bolt in roll cages & weld-in cages.
– Seat: Mounting of seats, rails or fixed.
– Fire extinguishers: Plumbed in: Electrical & Mechanical systems. Handheld.
– Steering Wheel: Quick Release bosses fitted
– Harness mounts
– Window net fitting
– Pedal box fitting
– Sump guards
– Side jack stand points
– Wheel arch tubbing
– Mounting brackets for catch cans
– Fitting of wiring looms and much, much more!
Suspension / Steering & Brakes
– Shock absorber/damper fitting
– Re-bushing suspension arms
– Custom suspension arms: Should a car require spherical/rose jointed arms
– Quick steering racks
– Steering rack rebuilds
– Competition brake pads
– Braided brake lines throughout car
– Brake caliper kits & caliper Rebuilds
– Hydraulic handbrakes
Fuel system & Cooling Systems
– Braided fuel lines throughout car
– Fuel surge tanks
– Fuel cell mounting
– Dry break re-fuelling systems
– Oil cooler mounting and lines made
– Intercooler mounting and pipes made
– Radiator mounting
Engine & Gearbox
– Engine & gearbox mounts
– Custom stainless steel exhaust systems
-Uprated clutch systems
– Uprated gear linkages
– Sequential gearbox fitting
– Gear ratio changes
We will always keep you up to date and will not do anything which will incur extra charges without consulting you first, that way you will not receive any unexpected bills.
If you would like to discuss a project, please contact us by email or the phone numbers on the contact page.